Wednesday, August 26, 2009

PHEW!!! / Someday Mitchell

We just put Joshua and Emily on the bus for their first day of second grade! I love my kids, but PHEW!!! I am steeling myself to celebrate by being absolutely lazy for at least 2 hours this morning.

The kids woke themselves up at 7:20 and got dressed on their own. Josh had set his first day of school clothes out 2 weeks ago, but he made a last minute change. Emily winged it choosing a nice array of last years clothes including jeans that I am sure will be too warm. This is how you learn, right?


Of coarse, Mitchell loved seeing the school bus and waved and pointed until it drove away. I am sure that riding the bus will be his favorite part of the first day of school when that day finally comes. He insisted on having a backpack on like his brother and sister. Someday Mitchell.



Emily and Josh were excited and cheerful. I am sure they will have a great day.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Time goes by so fast! They look so cute. This time of year always makes me want to go to school. I hope they had a good day. I'm sure you did! :)

Sarah said...

I have to just say that Mitchell looks so darn cute with his back pack on! (love it!) I can't believe your kiddos are in the 2nd grade. My goodness, when we moved here they were just starting kindergarten. Wow, time really does fly. I hope that they had a great first day.