Monday, August 24, 2009

Now days/Emily's glasses

Now days they put all the information your child needs to begin school on the Internet. But I remember as a kid being so excited to go to the school a few days before school began to see what class I was in that year. I even associate the lists with the hot humidity of Ohio air all around me as I stand in the sun looking for my name. I wanted my kids to have that feeling. I am glad our Elementary School still posts the lists on the window of the school so we can do it as a family. Yesterday we went to the elementary school and checked out what classes Emily and Josh will be in for 2nd grade. Josh was thrilled, exclaiming, "Yes, I'm in a different class than Emily again!", as soon as he found his teacher. Apparently it had been on his mind. Mitchell just frolicked around saying "school bus, school bus..." over and over.





This morning we picked Emily's glasses up at the glass shop. She looks awfully cute. This begins her life as an eyeglass wearing girl. She isn't to take them off except for sleeping. It is a good thing we just picked up her new pair because she lost her old pair in Palmyra this weekend.

School starts on Wednesday. We have spent the morning doing chores so they can spend those precious last few hours of summer with friends..

2 comments:

Missy said...

Emily, I LOVE your glasses! They're so cute!

Sarah said...

We used to love to go see what teacher we had growing up too. Wow, I totally forgot until I read this post. I love Emily's new glasses. They look really cute on her.