Sunday, August 30, 2009

I'm getting a tatoo

Our friends just gave Josh and Emily a big box of books. (We told the kids we are going to have some quiet reading time this afternoon . . . I don't have high hopes.) One of the books has some of those temporary tattoos in the back. Peter was putting them on Josh's and Emily's arms when their friend came over to ask if they could play. I heard Josh say "I can't. It's the sabbath, and I'm getting a tattoo."

Yesterday we went to the Red Wagon Farm and bought some apples, peaches and nectarines. I made some awesome peach crisp and Pete grilled some apples on the Barby. I love summer produce! Red Wagon Farm is great, I am sure I will go back, but maybe not with the kids. Have you ever been somewhere with your kids, and they just would not stop touching things, and there were store clerks swarming around swatting at your kids like flies because they thought your children were going to break something? What did they think, Pete was going to start juggling the fruit? (On the other hand, he has a tendency to do that.)


We had a nice afternoon and evening laying around and playing games. It had been so long since we had such a normal, such a luxurious Saturday.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Haha! "I can't play it is the Sabbath and I am getting a tatoo!" That is too funny. Don't you just love the things that children say? Oh and I completely understand how some stores just aren't "kid friendly". I get nervous gazes from the employees at every store I go too. I don't see how my 3 sweet, little angels could cause panic to anyone? HAHA I am glad you guys were able to get out and enjoy a relaxing Saturday.

Judy Siddoway said...

When did Emily get her hair cut!! It looks really cute. Tell for me OK? I wish I knew how to zoom in to see her hair better.