We just returned from our visit to
Niagara Falls and Palmyra. Eyes have never witnessed such a sight as our van granola all over the seats, floor and somehow even the walls of the van. How such a mess is made I can only imagine because my eyes were diverted by the road. It remains a strange and upsetting mystery.
On our way down I-90 we stopped in
Fredonia, New York and ate a picnic lunch in the town square by Peter's old mission apartment.

We were able to go on the Maid of the Mist Thursday afternoon. The kids loved it until the "mist" soaked us to the bone. Mitchell held a face of terror for a good 10 minutes afterward, but Emily and Josh sang and danced on the deck.




Friday and Saturday were spent in Palmyra visiting the church sights. The spirit is strong there. We had some really good missionary guides this time. We went to a temple session at the Palmyra temple. The temple has clear glass windows overlooking the sacred grove and beautiful stained glass windows depicting the first vision and sacred grove all around the building.






While we were in the Smith cabin in Palmyra, Emily read the scripture in James that Joseph Smith read that stirred him to ask which church was true. She read very well. I am glad she had that experience in the cabin where Joseph read it 150 years ago.
Poor Peter had to spend Friday night on the floor of the van with Mitchell because he refused to have anything to do with bed, or any horizontal position or even be still in any way. Yes, we strapped him into his
car seat to sleep. Even that he can now unbuckle. Saturday went much better because Mitchell was so exhausted.

We discovered "Chill and Grill", a small hamburger and
ice cream joint in downtown Palmyra. I am sure dad thinks it is the highlight of the trip because of the size of the ice cream cones. This was the "kiddie cone". Super huge.

On our way home today we stopped to visit Peter's cousin John Faust and his wife Angie. Peter had a great time boating on the Erie Canal with the kids.
Emily shared her testimony on the hill
Cumorah.
5 comments:
Thanks for the invite to your blog! I look forward to keeping up-to-date with your family. I sent you an invite to ours too.
Thanks! I can't believe how your family has grown. Congrats on the upcoming addition.
Sue
Thanks so much for letting us come! It's just what I needed and Brad and I had a blast. Abbi still looks a little lost not having Mitchell around all the time to play with though.
Yeah Sue!!! Welcome to the world of blogging. I can't believe how much stuff you did with your family. I want to know about the Germantown visit.
Thanks for getting us connected. I will make sure your dad sees it regularly. We love you all. I can tell dad had a super time with all of you.
Post a Comment