Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My Debut Post

My sister, Missy is here visiting from Utah and insists I enter the computer age. Okay, I asked her to show me how to enter the computer age. She helped me put together a blog for our family. I can't make any promises, but wouldn't it be great if I actually caught on?

We have had a wonderful visit so far. We lounged on the beach at West Branch State Park and watched Mitchell and Abby throw sand at each other (whatever didn't make it into their mouths). After Peter and I did baptisms at the Columbus temple with Brother Wilson we visited German Village in downtown. We ate at an authentic German restaurant called Juergen's Bakery and Restaurant (both interesting and yummy). Of course we have had a few shopping trips to Aurora Farms and Archivers. Pete and I passed on our new favorite shows (Leverage and Warehouse 13), and Missy and Dad visited Berlin, OH after an accidental tour of central Ohio.
I'm the type who loves the feeling and smell of a good book, the swish it makes as you turn the page, and the heaviness of it in my hands. I love the sound of scissors cutting on a counter top, and being hard to get a hold of because I don't text (or regularly check messages). But maybe the time has come. Maybe it is my digital age. We'll see.

No comments: