This deserves a posting all on it's own. I began this cross-stitch during Christmas break last year. I finished it at midnight last night. It took me 8 months! Now I know why these things are so danged expensive to buy! I had never stitched on linen before. Stitching over 2 strings was also a new experience. I really like the finished look. Because I had it on a loom-type holder while I worked on it, I had never seen more than a 5x10 inch section at a time. It was so fun to unwrap it and see it for the first time. I was so satisfied when all the lines and crosses matched up exactly at the end. Now I just need to frame it and hang it to the right of my hutch in the dining room. It fits perfectly.
It says, "A little house, a little tree, A neighborhood for you and me", at the bottom and I put the date of 2005 for the date we moved from rental life to our own home. How grateful I am.
5 comments:
It looks so good Sue! Maybe that's the one I'll do after my family rules one.
It looks awesome Sue. Great job. Those things take a lot of patience.
It is beautiful. Good job!
I love it! I am proud of you for finishing it. I probably would have given up. LOL It is really cute.
I love it! Great job. What a priceless item to have in your home.
Post a Comment