Thursday, October 29, 2009

Field Trip To Cleveland Greenhouse With CPS

I went with friends on a field trip to the Cleveland Greenhouse with the Cleveland Photographic Society. I had an even better time than I expected. These are some of the photos I took pre-Photoshop.

I learned that zooming in can give you a more shallow depth of field even with your aperture stopped all the way down.
.


I learned about exposure compensation and I tried to pay attention to line and texture. I spent about 40 minutes photographing this fish fountain.


My favorite picture is the root system of this tree with the sunlight sending a glow from behind.
I used exposure compensation to create this under-exposed picture of some machinery on the ceiling of the greenhouse. I tried to turn the machinery into silhouette.

SO, SO FUN! Now I can't wait to get Pete a nice D40 so we can go on dates together and shoot pictures.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

That is awesome!! I can't wait to take a photography class with my nice camera-someday. Good for you-your pictures look GREAT!

Missy said...

can i have one too ;)

Jenny G said...

They look so good!