I tried to use my new knowledge about lighting and depth of field to capture this rare, sunny moment.
Here are a few of the projects I have been working on. I made some cute little treat bags for teachers and for my visiting teaching visits, and I made fall decorations for my little twig tree.
It was really tricky using a large aperture and a very slow shutter speed to capture enough light for the treat bags, but it turned out okay, if a bit blurry.
My multi-talented husband is fulfilling another of my dreams by finishing a room in our basement. With these two boys we decided that we don't care how much it costs, or what it takes, we are going to build a place where we can put them to get all those wiggles out. Really, I don't know how they have so much energy! We couldn't help taking a picture of his first framed wall. I think I'll go down and keep it company right now, I am so excited.
The kids have been doing well in piano and Emily loves dance. Josh was about to start basketball when we found out all the games will be on Sunday afternoons. We are very disappointed, but we know that this is just the beginning of a long list of disappointments like this. It is very, very common to hold parties and sports on the sabbath here. It is sad because Ohioans are religious in general. Josh has been very good about it.
I have noticed I don't have very many pictures of Joshua. This is because he never slows down long enough for me to take one! Opportunity knocked a few nights ago when we had a surprise slumber party with friends whose basement flooded. The only way to catch Josh sitting still is in his sleep.
I found Emily's costume at TJ Max last week and I couldn't pass it up. It's a size 10/12, but we will make it work. She had told me she wanted to be a princess for Halloween and when I saw this I knew it would be perfect. Josh is going to be a scary vampire, with blood and fangs and everything. He is very excited. Mitchell will be a fireman. He hasn't really caught on to the whole dress up thing yet, but he is in for a surprise when he sees Josh dripping blood from his mouth.
No comments:
Post a Comment