I suppose with the beginning of the school year the race begins too. This last weekend I went to several church functions beginning with the Stake Relief Society Activity on Friday. I truly love being in a large gathering of LDS women. The program was excellent, and I had a wonderful time.

Saturday Pete and I chaperoned a church dance. There was an 80's theme, and it was hilarious watching these kids dress like I used to, and dance to the same music I danced to at church dances. I'm not sure if you can call what they did dance, though. They mostly jump up and down and once in a while throw their arms up in the air. I was tempted to bust a move and show them how we did it in the 80's. Anyone else remember all the great moves we had?

Sunday we hosted a YW/YM bishop's fireside in our home. Our presidency chose to show a video we recorded off the Internet of Elder Bednar's CES fireside last month on the appropriate use of electronic devices. We were hoping for a good turnout, but I was amazed as almost each and every YW and YM came through the door with all of their leaders. I was so tickled, I had to take a picture of all their shoes in my foyer. I had never had so many shoes there. It was so cute! Half of the people kept their shoes on, mind you!

I used my Grandma McFarlin's grandmother's (my great, great grandmother's) china platter to serve some blond brownies. I had never dared use it before. I think she would have approved. These kids deserve the best.

I just realized a posting of feet (shoes) next to a posting of food kind of churns the stomach. Sorry.
Monday Mitchell and I went to the park with some friends. We always have a great time, but now Mitchell has entered the world of make-believe. He pretends he is on a boat at the beach, or driving a car. It is so fun having him one on one like that, pretending and racing around the park.
Monday we also had FHE with the missionaries. We were hoping to have an investigator there but it didn't work out. We had a great discussion and even better cake the sisters had brought.
Off to the races! I'm booked until October 1st. My dad always said I was a race horse, not a work horse. I never knew what that meant until now.
1 comment:
Your gr-gr grandma's china really is nice looking. Actually, the brownies are, too. Judy
Post a Comment